We support efforts to value, preserve, and restore natural ecosystems, including air, land and water, which are essential to the well-being of humanity and life on earth.
Intensifying environmental challenges demand immediate and creative strategies to address them. Our grantmaking portfolios build on our long-standing commitment to the vitality of the Midwest's human and natural communities.
The Midwest is a key player in our nation's clean energy future and home to one-fifth of the world's fresh water. This region offers critical opportunities for game-changing investments. We launched a series of strategies aimed at reducing the region's reliance on coal and spurring investments in alternative energy. Our water portfolio emphasizes the protection of watersheds that serve critical needs for wildlife and people. Our work has a particular focus on threats that have been exacerbated by a changing climate.
Recognizing that local and global communities are already experiencing the impacts of climate change, we fund projects that:
- Employ science-based approaches in innovative ways
- Harness the power of collaboration
- Deliver measurable, on-the-ground results
Goals for Environment portfolios include:
- Climate Change & Clean Energy: Advance the U.S. Midwest as a leader in identifying and implementing long‐term sustainable energy solutions, reduce pollution from energy generation, and address land-use driven greenhouse gas emissions. We have a related portfolio to address the impacts of coal plant closures on local communities.
- Water: Reduce pollution, restore and protect natural areas and systems, safeguard drinking water, and support replicable, scalable and sustainable demonstration projects.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.